Marketing Tips to Take Your Small Business to the Next Level


Marketing your business is different in today’s world. You have to know your target audience and lure them to you. It’s the only way that you will be able to get the number of customers that you desire and get a good return on investment. After all, it’s not as if cold calling is a possibility when it comes to every industry.

Marketing for your industry needs to be utilized effectively, and there are several things to consider.

Content is Where It’s At

The content on your website matters. What people read will tell them about your business. It will answer the question of “Why should I choose you?” Everything on your website in terms of content is a form of inbound marketing.

Your content needs to be informative and answer the questions customers have before they have a chance to ask them. It shows your level of knowledge and helps to establish trust from the very beginning.

Give Customers What They Want

You have to be in tune with the information your customers want. The whole reason they are visiting your site is because they are interested in what you have to offer. They may not be ready to book an appointment or make a purchase yet, though. This is why you need to focus on questions people will likely ask and use content effectively to answer them.

You might also have various landing pages that appeal to the types of customers you deal with. People will click on links that bring them into your website from different sources. By recognizing this and appealing to what they want, you can help to guide people towards the answers and ensure that they follow a call to action that will ultimately have them calling to book a consultation or appointment.

It’s possible to have dozens of landing pages based on the services you offer and the customers you’re appealing to. This will provide a more custom approach for each scenario, and develop trust every step of the way.

Marketing Trends Have Changed

Inbound marketing is a trend that has replaced outbound marketing and continues to grow. Outbound marketing focused on sending information out to people. It could involve cold calling, postcard mailing, and more. The problem with it is that it resulted in a low conversion rate because of not being specific with regards to a marketing tactic.

Inbound marketing is where you get people to come to you. This means that you could have more people visiting your website, filling out a “Contact Us” form, and asking you for information about your business.

Plenty of statistics show that companies are not marketing effectively. Regardless of the industry, this is true. 22% of companies are happy with their conversion rates, which leaves 78% unhappy. Many of these companies are spending a fortune trying to get it right, too.

Whether you want to attract more patients to your assisted living facility, customers for your plumbing business, or even diners into your restaurant, understanding marketing trends is vital.

Inbound marketing tactics change all the time. However, you want to consider how it’s going to help your business, and this includes:

  • Guest blogs
  • Social media engagement
  • Optimization of keywords
  • A takeawy for those on your site

It’s obvious to see how various forms of marketing can be more beneficial. Any time you can get customers to come to you instead of the other way around, it’s going to be better. It makes no difference what industry you are in. Google and the other search engines get millions of hits daily and once people land on your site, you need to know how to draw them in using effective marketing.

To learn more about how to improve your marketing strategies, give us a call or send us a note today at Small Dog Creative 661-702-1310!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Our website uses cookies and thereby collects information about your visit to improve our website (by analyzing), show you Social Media content and relevant advertisements. Please see our cookies page for furher details or agree by clicking the 'Accept' button.

Cookie settings

Below you can choose which kind of cookies you allow on this website. Click on the "Save cookie settings" button to apply your choice.

FunctionalOur website uses functional cookies. These cookies are necessary to let our website work.

AnalyticalOur website uses analytical cookies to make it possible to analyze our website and optimize for the purpose of a.o. the usability.

Social mediaOur website places social media cookies to show you 3rd party content like YouTube and FaceBook. These cookies may track your personal data.

AdvertisingOur website places advertising cookies to show you 3rd party advertisements based on your interests. These cookies may track your personal data.

OtherOur website places 3rd party cookies from other 3rd party services which aren't Analytical, Social media or Advertising.